Practice Development Nurse
We have an exciting new opportunity for a motivated and enthusiastic Practice Development Nurse to join our Learning & Development Team at Helen & Douglas House!
The postholder will work as part of the Learning & Development team to take delegated responsibility for the implementation and development of our clinical skills framework and the delivery of education.
You will work alongside our clinical colleagues in a training and development capacity, role modelling evidence-based practice, competency in clinical skills, reflective practice, and personal responsibility for life-long learning.
This is a Permanent, Full Time (37.5 hours per week) role, but Part Time hours would be considered (minimum 22.5 hours per week). In return for your work we can offer you a competitive salary of £32,000 - £41,000 per annum, with an anticipated recruitment range of £32,000 - £35,000 per annum.
We are looking for the following experience and skills:
- Be a Registered Nurse.
- Have a teaching in the workplace qualification.
- Demonstrable experience of designing, delivering, and evaluating clinical skills teaching and training in a way which leaves individuals feeling confident and motivated.
- Experience of conducting appraisals with staff.
- Knowledge and understanding of learning styles and the needs of adult learners.
- Ability to demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children with life-limiting conditions.
Helen & Douglas House offer the following benefits:
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 28 days after 3 years and 29 days after 5 years).
- Auto enrolment pension scheme with Scottish Widows (employer contribution up to 7%).
- Eyecare voucher scheme.
- Cycle scheme.
- Occupational sick pay and maternity pay.
- A flexible working environment.
- Subsidised staff dining facilities.
- The chance to be a part of something special.
The closing date for applications is Midnight on 25th July 2021
For further details please see the job description and if you have any questions about the role, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the People Resourcing Team on 01865 794749.
All staff working for Helen & Douglas House are required to undertake a Disclosure & Barring Service check. Helen & Douglas House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We are an equal opportunities employer and value the benefits of a diverse workforce. We positively encourage applications from all areas of the community.